The creators of Metal had built a fully functioning application using Jupyter notebooks, with a Python GUI. As adoption grew, they reached out to our UXE/UX for visual recommendations.
Instead of just making suggestions for updating icons and few color tweaks, our Lead Designer, Russell Huffman, suggested that we take the opportunity to learn more about their audience, workflows, and user needs.
He also encouraged me to lead the design efforts as a learning experience.
Together, we brainstormed, drafted a multi-day working session, invited their team, along with a few other Quantum designers, and remotely collaborated for the Qiskit Metal Design Thinking workshop.
- Led the design effort and work-stream organization
- Co-facilitated a 3-day design thinking workshop w/ Quantum Design team
- Produced small library of repeatable components and patterns in Figma
- Created new user flows and first-time experience screens
- Delivered the UX design guidelines as an artifact to the team